|“||Spikes deal damage to every unit that steps on them. Only some units are able to destroy traps. They can be very effective when used in combination with towers.||„|
The spike trap is a unique defensive structure that only hurts units that step or roll on it. Different types of units behave differently when confronted with traps.
Behavior towards TrapsEdit
The hero is also able to attack spikes. He can do so from a safe distance or standing right on them. Spells also affect traps.
Bizarre Spike Facts EditSpikes have some unusual characteristics which makes them stand out from any other obstacle.
- Spikes are completely immune to fire, ice, piercing, poison and therefore take no damage whatsoever from Swordrain, Blizzard, Firestorm, or Toxic Cloud. Although frosters, pyromancers and mortars dont attack spikes directly, their attacks can reach spikes due to their AoE type attack, however it wont cause any damage to the spikes. For example, if a froster attacks an enemy troop standing next to a spike, the spike will get the Aoe effect but not take any damage.
- Spikes are also completely immune to blunt damage dealt by gargoyles. Even though gargoyles never aim to drop their bomb on spikes directly they will drop their bomb on an enemy unit standing on or next to a spike. Since the damage from the gargoyle's attack comes from the bomb's explosion the spikes will come in contact with the AOE effect of the explosion. But strangely they will not take any damage from the explosion.
- Spikes are the only obstacle that don't have a weakness to blunt damage.
- Although Spikes have a 100% resistance to normal damage, they take damage from Bladestorm and Monks that deals only normal damage.
- The only spells capable of causing big damage to spikes are hammerstrike and sonic blast. Spikes also take damage from bladestrom, however its very small.
- The only units capable of damaging spikes are Blazing Knights, Paladins, Ogres, Cannons and Monks.
- Power Archers, similarly to archers never attack spikes directly. However, spikes take a lot of damage from the AOE type attack of the Power archer's arrows. If their arrows explode close to a spike, the spike will take damage from the AOE effect of the explosion.
On the right we have 3 pictures showing how spikes take no damage from Firestorm, Blizzard, and Swordrain.
Elite Boost (Frost Trap) Edit
Frost Trap LevelsEdit
|Level||Alliance Level||Ice Damage Boost||Health Boost|